Ultimate Bolognese Gift Chart
Looking to buy something special from Bologna? Whether you’re interested in giving a gift to a loved one or simply treating yourself, Bologna is full of unique products to appeal to everyone’s taste. From homemade pasta to giving the gift of a unique experience on one of Bologna’s most splendid terraces, here are our top 5 gift ideas from Bologna.
1. A Taste of Bologna – What could be a better gift than one of Bologna’s famous gastronomical treasures? The best place to go food shopping in Bologna is the “quadrilatero” zona, a small district located between Via delle Vecchie Pescheria and Via Drapperie just east of Piazza Maggiore. Take a peek inside stores like La Baita, Tamburini, and Simoni to find an array of typical Bologna foods, such as mortadella, prosciutto, parmesan cheese and homemade pasta. Most places sell these products in air-tight sealed packages so that you can transport them home.
Quadrilatero District located between Via Drapperie and Via delle Vecchia Pescheria
La Baita, Via delle Vecchia Pescheria 3(http://www.vecchiamalganegozi.it/site/punti-vendita/la-baita/)
Tamburini, Via Caprarie 2 (http://www.tamburini.com)
2. A handmade Bologna cloth from Dal Tessutaio. This beautifully crafted cloth from Dal Tessutaio is truly a unique gift from Bologna, displaying the famous “Two Towers” which represent the medieval city. Cloth is available in various colors, including red, green, gold, and brown and costs 13 euro.
Dal Tessutaio, Via Nazario Sauro 10 (https://plus.google.com/100608682037425248419/about?gl=it&hl=en)
3. High-quality locally made Italian Chocolate. One of the oldest chocolate shops in Italy, the Majani chocolate factory is the legendary creator and producer of the famous FIAT Cremino Chocolates. Pick up a signature box of FIAT chocolates or choose from the many unique chocolates they offer including chocolate liqueur, chocolate spreads, and even chocolate tortellini.
Majani Chocolate, Via Carbonesi 5 (http://www.majani.it/en/)
4. A Very Bolognese Souvenir. If souvenirs are your thing, La Coroncina is the perfect place for you! Here you will find Bologna themed t-shirts, magnets, postcards, plates, shot glasses, snow globes, trinkets and more.
La Coroncina Via dell’Indipendenza 3 ((http://www.lacoroncina.it/template.php?pag=57639))
5. Hotel Touring Gift Card. Looking to give someone a unique experience in Bologna? With a hotel touring gift card, recipients can enjoy a romantic night in one of the hotels luxury suites, a relaxing jacuzzi experience, or an aperitivo on the hotel’s splendid rooftop terrazza. Gift cards can be purchased at the hotel reception desk and delivered to you or the recipient. You may also email your request to email@example.com.
*Minimum value amount is 30 euro and reservations are subject to availability.
Hotel Touring, Via Dè Mattuiani (http://www.hoteltouring.it)